ANIMATE FLORIDA 2017 is now taking applications for Press Passes
These passes are being made available for the following media outlets:
(A) PRINT MEDIA: Print Media includes local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines etc. Hyperlocal publications and alternative newspapers will be considered based on the same criteria as the Internet press.
(B) TELEVISION & RADIO: TV & Radio include AM, FM, Satellite, Local TV, and National TV
(C) INTERNET PRESS: Passes for Internet press will be issued on a very limited case by case basis. Due to the sheer amount of requests from web / internet only reporters and outlets, it is impossible to grant passes to everyone who makes a request. In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria:
(1) The website you write for must have been active on the web for at least 2 years.
(2) Your website must have posted at least 200 articles on the website in the past 2 years (24 months). Content curation does not count. These must be individual news stories and original content.
(3) You personally must have written a minimum of 20 articles on the web that can be verified via internet searches.
(4) The content on this website must be current, at least one new article each week.
(5) Websites deemed offensive or antagonistic towards our fandom, guests or the event will not be approved.
(6) Your website must have at least 2 verifiable social media pages, such as facebook, youtube, Tumblr, twitter, etc, and one must have more than 30,000 followers.
(7) Internet press is limited to 2 passes per web outlet, and both pass holders must work for the website in question and have verifiable credits. Please don’t try and pass your friend off as a photographer for the site, it won’t work and you will be banned from ever being considered for press credentials in the future.
NOTE: If you are not approved for “free” press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way. As well, having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. In fact, a good business card for your website is more likely to score you an interview with a guest than an internet press pass. As well… if you are looking to interview any guests at the show for your website, you may want to contact the guest in question prior to the show to set things up as it will be VERY hard to set up interviews on the fly at the show.
The number of passes is decided on a case to case basis – and is purely the discretion of ANIMATE FLORIDA
If you are granted a press pass, we ask (if possible) that you do a piece/share information regarding ANIMATE FLORIDA before the event itself. The Promotions staff will work with you to help secure possible advance information and potential interview opportunities with ANIMATE FLORIDA staff and/or guests. You will also be added to the mailing list for any related press releases.
NOTE: Your pass is not approved until you receive a confirmation email from ANIMATE FLORIDA. Do not “assume” it is approved and just show up – you will be asked to buy a pass. Passes are granted solely at the discretion of show management, we also want you to know that at https://nation21loans.com you can finance your tickets if you ran out of money.
To apply for press credentials, please email email@example.com with the following info
(1) First and last name
(3) Telephone Number (with area code)
(4) Email Address
(6) Number of Requested Passes
(7) What convention you are applying for
(8) Anything else we need to know about your publication
Please be specific. Include other names for your requested press passes.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org